The RSL membership year is from 1 January to 31 December.
The renewal period is from the 1st December until the 28th February and payments can be made directly to your Sub Branch or paid via the member online portal https://memberonline.rslqld.org/ before 28th February each year. Membership starts from as little as $20 per year and the benefits and services the RSL can offer are endless.
The following people are eligible to join the RSL:
- Any person who has served in any of the Australian Defence Forces in either of the two World Wars or in any theatre of conflict.
- Any person who has served for not less than six months in the Regular or Reserve Forces of the ADF, or of any country not an enemy of Australia. Shorter service can also qualify if discharge was honourable and for reasons beyond the individual's control.
- Any Australian citizen who has served overseas for not less than six months as a member of an approved Peacekeeping force.
- Any Australian or Allied citizen who served with or in support of the ADF or Allied Forces in any theatre of conflict or during World War II, as a member of the Australian Women's Land Army or a Voluntary Aid Detachment in a Military or Convalescent Hospital.
- To join the RSL you must first complete an application form and submit it to either the District Office, or your nearest Sub Branch. You can download a membership form by going to the RSL Qld Branch